About St. Vincent de Paul
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul (SVDP) is an international lay Catholic organization comprised of women and men who seek their personal holiness through works of charity based on the values of the Christian Gospel, demonstrated by our patron, St. Vincent de Paul, and our founder, Blessed Frederic Ozanam. We provide direct support services and seek to end poverty through systemic change
Here in the San Antonio Archdiocese we have 67 parish based Conferences operated by over 2,000 Vincentian members and other committed volunteers. These Conferences identify and provide, through in person visits, a variety of services to the needy in their local communities including food, clothing, rent
al and utility assistance. In addition, our San Antonio SVDP Central Council provides over 400,000 meals annually to the homeless as well as provides food service job training at our Kitchen at Haven for Hope, a consolidated facility providing a variety of services aimed at addressing the root causes of homelessness.
We have a small paid staff responsible for executing support activities for our Conferences and Council programs. These include providing rent
al and utility assistance to those in need as well as feeding the chronically homeless at Haven for Hope every day of the year.
About the Opportunities
SVDP is searching for both an Executive Director and a Development Director with the business acumen and the heart necessary to work hand in hand to support the Society’s mission as defined in its governing documents.
The Executive Director will report to the Council President and receive direction from the Board of Directors, oversee our staff, and ensure outstanding service delivery to all of those we serve. The Executive Director will implement a Board-developed strategic plan that calls for visionary leadership of its conferences, volunteers and supporters. He or she will know what it takes to create a healthy working environment that allows staff to develop their skills and for the organization to move forward to meet the challenges as a united team.
Successful Executive Director Candidates will meet the following criteria:
· Prior experience as an Executive Director or Chief Operating Officer of a nonprofit and/or 5+ years of experience in increasingly responsible positions with accountability for an annual budget of at least $2 million
· Experience with board development, governance, reporting to a volunteer/elected board or board director experience
· Experience recruiting, managing and motivating volunteers
· Significant experience in hiring, developing and retaining staff
· Strong budgeting, financial analysis, and cash management skills
· Strong personal computer skills as well as the ability to work with IT staff to determine best IT practices for the organization
· Willingness and ability to commit to traditional business hours in our Haven for Hope office as well as some occasional evening and weekend meetings throughout the Archdiocese
The Development Director will develop and execute an annual fund development strategy that grows and maximizes contributed revenue while incorporating external communications into all aspects of the fundraising plan. Ensures that all fundraising activities and communications align with our mission and program activities.
Successful Development Director Candidates will meet the following criteria:
· 5+ years of successful fundraising experience, preferably in a multi-faceted development program
· Experience in developing and executing annual giving strategy, corporate and foundation giving, major gift strategy and fundraising events
· Proficient in making “the ask”
· Ability to supervise a grant writer and experience building relationships with institutional donors in our area as well as managing the overall grant process.
· Willingness and ability to commit to working when and where it takes to get the job done. This may mean driving throughout the Archdiocese to meet with potential funders either during traditional business hours or evenings/weekends.
Both Candidates should possess the following areas of strength:
· Ability to communicate, work effectively and build trust with a range of stakeholders
· Work or volunteer experience in a faith based organization.
· Must have working knowledge of the SVDP’s essential elements, values and virtues, and governance or the ability to acquire the knowledge within six months.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
What we Offer:
· Competitive Compensation
· Health Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Leave
· Business Casual
· Supportive Work Environment
Interested candidates should apply via email by sending a letter outlining qualifications, salary history and resume as Word or PDF documents to HRCommittee@svdpsa.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we'd love to hear from you!